Tuesday, July 1, 2014

24 Weeks Pregnant!

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at about 1 1/3 pounds. Since he's almost a foot long (about the size of an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Here I am! 24 weeks. 

How is this even possible?? Time is FLYING! I’m to the point where I’m ready to kick back and ENJOY our new house and the SUMMER! Before it’s winter again… I don’t even want to THINK IT!
24 Weeks Pregnant!


Nothing too crazy happening. Baby is moving a lot. I was in constant motion so much for the past couple weeks with moving and cleaning that I don’t remember baby moving much. It was when I sat down or crawled into bed at night, baby started having a PARTY inside my belly. I’m probably training him or her to be awake during the night. Oh dear…  Will have to fix that PRONTO.

I’ve clearly had energy since I was able to move us and clean and do all that I did. I was finally able to sit and take it all in the other night. WHOA. We did a lot. A LOT. We’re still doing a ton.

I took my parents over to our town home, which is now completely empty, and my mom was like… “OK. You deserve an ATTA-BOY. WHOA!” 

She’s right. That was a TON of work. A TON. The town home is totally ready for our renter! Carpets cleaned, floors washed, walls painted, house disinfected and shiny from top to bottom! Whew!

Then I wake up after a day of busting my butt and I can barely function. So I know I need to slow down now. I need to start taking it easy. It hurts to bend too now as my belly continues to grow. My belly likes to pinch on my rib cage. Ouch. Things are stretching in interesting places again too. Oh, I remember this... 

It’s been great having my parents up helping us out. My dad is on steroids right now since he decided to catch another round of poison ivy (he gets it every year). So he has the energy of an 18 year old – the appetite of one too. He installed THREE toilets for us yesterday just like that. What open heart surgery? He’s pretty nuts. With that said, I am TOTALLY my father’s daughter. I’m anal like him. I’m project-oriented like him. I’m high-strung like him. I’m focused like him. I’m determined like him. And boy do I get ticked off if something doesn’t go as I planned…just like himJ Thanks DAD!

ANYWAY… tomorrow is our 24-week appointment! YAY! So we’ll see how things are. So far my blood pressure has dropped every time I’ve gone in. I think it was 108 over 50-something last time. We’ll see where it’s at now after the move. I guess I focus on that number because that is the one number that lowers versus my weight... 

We now have to drive quite a bit further to get to the doctors after our move, but we love him that much! He's a cool weirdo. I like weird people. I'm one of them:) 

CRAVINGS
·         Cherries (like a whole bag full. No bigs, right?)
·         Berries
·         FRUIT (this is kind of the norm for me though)
      Juice (especially lemonade. I'm trying really hard not to drink too much of this stuff though.)
·         These dark chocolate bark bites with almonds and coconut from Costco (HOLY GOODNESS)
·         Beer (but we know I can’t have this right now…sigh!)

SYMPTOMS
  • The dreaded foot and leg cramps. They are slowly coming back. Not as bad (yet) but I feel like they are giving me a warning...we are coming... Oh, they are nasty! 
  • My stomach has cramped up on me some too. That's when I know I HAVE to SLOW DOWN.


WEIGHT GAIN
Well…I’m up to 165 pounds now. *CHOKE* I’m just cruising along in this department no problem. I like to think of it this way: I’m STILL not at my college weight. With that in mind…where the HECK did I put all that weight in college!?!??! I was either one bloated chick or super solid with muscle. Riiiight. All that beer, pizza, cheese bread sticks… Ahhh! The life.

I had a panic moment this week thinking about life with two. I have these moments a lot lately. How am I going to do this again? I don’t know. I just figure it out and adjust somehow. Still. Scary. 


I have a feeling time is going to go even FASTER now. Summer ALWAYS goes fast after the 4th of July. How is it July 4th weekend already!?!?!? Scary. 

Until next time. I think it's glucose shake time week 28. Fun!


0 comments:

Post a Comment